There is no one involved in the abortion debate more skilled at mental gymnastics than Planned Parenthood. In their 100-year history, they have become masters of misinformation, deceit and lies.
They are experts at deflecting the central issue in the abortion debate by engaging in mental gymnastics in every discussion, in every venue, in every conceivable way.
On the Balance Beam
On July 14, the Center for Medical Progress released an undercover video (the first of many) featuring a candid conversation over lunch with Dr. Deborah Nucatola, who is a senior director of medical research for Planned Parenthood.
As Dr. Nucatola nonchalantly munches on her salad and sips her wine, she “negotiates” the sale of fetal body parts with two potential “buyers.” During that conversation, Dr. Nucatola clearly illustrates Planned Parenthood’s apparent willingness to potentially break two federal laws in order to harvest and then sell fetal body parts for a profit.
Each one of the videos released expose another heartless dimension of Planned Parenthood’s work. It’s all there for the world to see: Planned Parenthood’s lack of respect for their patients, the lack of respect for the precious unborn and their lack of respect for the law. But even more disturbing, these videos clearly illustrate the absence of any shred of human decency!
You have to see it to believe it! Click here to watch the videos. WARNING! You’ll never be the same!
Planned Parenthood’s Response
Planned Parenthood has been caught red handed! These undercover videos provide hard-core evidence of not only the heartless, brutal nature of Planned Parenthood’s work, but its potential involvement in illegal activity as well.
Here are some examples of the mental gymnastics presented to the American public by Planned Parenthood officials and a sympathetic media.
• As usual, Planned Parenthood came out portraying themselves as “the victim.” Over and over, Planned Parenthood claimed, with a distressed look on their face, that these tapes were “heavily edited.” But here’s the problem: Each time the Center for Medical Progress released a videotape, they also released a completeunedited version of the entire conversation. They also made a complete transcript available with the word-for-word exchanges.
• When Planned Parenthood fell off the balance beam with their first attempt at mental gymnastics, they quickly hired a high-powered public relations firm that immediately launched an aggressive damage control effort.
• Planned Parenthood swore up and down that when they were discussing “prices” on these videos it was just to “cover costs” associated with tissue donations. If that’s true, why did Dr. Mary Gatter, president of the Planned Parenthood Medical Directors Council, throw back her head and laugh about wanting a “Lamborghini?” The problem with this argument is that the procurement company comes into the Planned Parenthood facility and does the work. There are no costs to Planned Parenthood!
• Planned Parenthood defended its actions by talking at length about how this “tissue” could be used to “save lives” through medical research. It’s not about research! It’s about profit. It’s all there to see in the videos.
• Planned Parenthood also tried to initiate an investigation of the “extremists” responsible for the videos. Planned Parenthood’s message was crystal clear—“anti-choice extremists” are the bad guys, not us. A perfect “10” performance in mental gymnastics.
• All along, Planned Parenthood has done its best to totally avoid any discussion whatsoever regarding abortion. They immediately began to focus on “women’s health.” We heard an awful lot about “the war on women.” We listened to endless chatter about how women cannot survive without Planned Parenthood. But here’s their problem: A study was just released reporting that there are 13,540 clinics providing comprehensive health care for women available in every nook and cranny of this country. Planned Parenthood has 665 centers. Here’s the truth: There are 20 clinics offering healthcare for women for every 1 Planned Parenthood center. Besides, right from the onset, the discussion has always been about “redirecting funding.” There was never any discussion whatsoever about “eliminating” funding for women’s healthcare. Never!
• Planned Parenthood went on and on about how “extremists” want to shut them down. No, the major debate taking place at this very moment is simply about funding. Should the American taxpayer be forced to give the number-one provider of abortion in this country $528 million every year to kill babies?
• Now Planned Parenthood is releasing misleading ads to attack and slander anyone involved in this debate from a prolife perspective. They’re even attempting to bully members of the U.S. House and Senate who have called for an investigation.
• But here’s the greatest example of mental gymnastics ever: When Planned Parenthood is trying to convince the “patient” to abort, the baby is just a “product of conception” or “tissue.” But when Planned Parenthood is negotiating with a potential “buyer,” then it’s a very specific discussion of line items on a menu including the “heart,” “limbs,” “liver” and even “brains.”
Planned Parenthood has taken mental gymnastics to a whole new level. If it wasn’t such a serious matter, their arguments would be absolutely laughable.
The prolife movement has had suspicions about Planned Parenthood’s clandestine activities for a long time. These undercover videotapes have given us hardcore evidence. It is our hope and prayer that these recent events will become a “tipping point” in our efforts to expose and defund Planned Parenthood. Here’s a brief recap of the action steps that we have taken thus far to capitalize on this golden opportunity:
• While a number of states have immediately moved to cut off funding for Planned Parenthood, Michigan is already there! I am thrilled to report to you that in the 2015 state budget, there is no state funding for Planned Parenthood!
• Unfortunately, the lion’s share of taxpayer funding comes from the federal government. As this letter goes to print, we are lobbying hard for the U.S. Senate and U.S. House to move decisively to end taxpayer support for this corrupt organization. More on this effort as the debate develops.
• We are meeting with legislative leaders and individual legislators on future action in Lansing.
• In the days ahead, we will also be calling for an investigation of Planned Parenthood in Michigan. We will look long and hard for irregularities in Planned Parenthood facilities throughout the state.
• We are sending out press releases, writing editorials and drafting letters to the editor. We’re conducting media interviews.
• To a large extent, the sale of fetal body parts is an expression of supply and demand. We are going to continue to eliminate both sides of the equation in Michigan.
• In late August, prolifers showed up at 14 Planned Parenthood clinics in Michigan to peacefully protest. (Guess who showed up in support of Planned Parenthood in Detroit . . . Satan worshipers clad in black robes!)
Please add your voice to this critical debate. Get involved and encourage your family, your friends and your church community to join you. Share our website. Watch all of the videos.
Planned Parenthood has an annual budget of over $1.3 billion. Last year this nonprofit received $528 million from you and me as taxpayers. They have money to burn. As we try to sort through the mental gymnastics in this debate, it is definitely a David and Goliath situation. That’s why we need you so badly.
Please, consider a gift for $10, $15, $20, $25 or $50 to help with our life-saving work. Donate today